Rules and Ethos
We want all of our guests to enjoy their stay at Billingsmoor farm. We have tried to create a beautiful, peaceful, respectful space but also one that is full of safe fun of exploring the countryside, building dens in trees, staring up at the stars and enjoying great company around a campfire.
In order for us to create that space we have put together this set of site rules that are based around respect for the countryside, for the farm, it's animals (and its dangers) and of course for other guests.
Site Ethos and Rules
Anyone found contravening the following rules will be asked to leave immediately without refund:
- No single sex groups (unless you are all members of the same family!)
- Maximum of 6 people (including children) per pitch
- Maximum of one car per booking (additional cars can be parked for £5 per day)
- Absolutely no unauthorised vehicles on the site, all cars must be parked in the designated parking area
- Maximum of 2 dogs per pitch. Dogs must be pre-booked
- No unaccompanied children in the farmyard/car park area
- Please keep amplified music to a minimum at all times, no amplified music from 9pm to 9am
- Please keep noise to a minimum from 9pm to 9am and be respectful of other guests at all times
- Campfires must be kept to designated areas, BBQs must be raised off the ground
- No felling of firewood, anyone found with felling equipment will be asked to leave immediately
- Wash your hands after contact with any animals
- Leave all gates as you find them
- Do not enter any of the farm buildings, barns or sheds
- Show respect for the animals and wildlife on the farm and move quietly around them, DO NOT chase any animals
- No fireworks or Chinese lanterns
- Follow the countryside code - take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints
HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION –
we want you to have a safe and enjoyable stay but please remember farms can be very dangerous places. By ticking the box you are indicating that you have fully and read and understood this information and accept responsibility for the safety for yourself, your children and other members of your booking whilst on site. A copy of the Health and Safety Information will also be emailed to you before your arrival and on display on site.
- No unaccompanied children in the farmyard/car park/honesty shop area
- Do not enter ANY of the farm buildings without permission
- Do not climb on any bale or wood stacks
- Do not play or climb on any equipment or machinery including tractors
- Wash your hands with water and soap immediately after any contact with animals and animal housing or pens
Advice to Parents E Coli 0157: Extract from HSE Information – Avoiding ill health at open farms
- Current veterinary and medical advice is that farmers should assume that all ruminates (cattle, sheep, goats and deer) carry E coli 0157
- There are no tests in the live animal to prove that it is free of E coli 0157 infection
- Young stock, or stock under stress because of pregnancy, unfamiliarity with people etc are more likely to excrete E coli 0157
- Visitors are most likely to be infected with E coli 0157 from contact with animals or their faeces
Controlling and Reducing the Risk:
- Children are not allowed unsupervised into the farmyard area
- Children must not enter the animal’s pens
- When children are in the farmyard area make sure that they wear appropriate clothing, including sturdy outdoor shoes or wellington boots if possible.
- Check that cuts, grazes etc, on children’s hands are covered with a waterproof dressing
- Do not kiss animals
- Always wash hands before and after eating, after any contact with animals and again when leaving the farmyard area
- Group bookings taken at the discretion of the owners
- Group bookings of four or more pitches may be asked to book the whole site depending on any existing reservations
CANCELLATION & REFUND:
- Full payment is required up front at the time of booking and all bookings are considered final
- You are entitled to cancel your booking up 6 weeks before the date of your stay. A full refund minus £5 admin charge & booking fee will be made for any cancellations made up to six weeks before the date of your stay
- No refunds will be given for any cancellations (including any pre-order and extras) less than 6 weeks before the date of your stay
INSURANCE & LIABILITY:
Please consider taking out holiday insurance with a reputable broker so in the event you have to cancel your holiday at short notice you are covered. We DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party, or any vehicles or possessions, whilst you are staying on site.
NON-AVAILABILITY OF ACCOMMODATION & EXTRAS:
We would only cancel your holiday if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. In this event we would offer an alternative date in the first instance if that was not satisfactory we would refund all monies in full paid by you. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund. If any pre-booked extras are unavailable a full refund will be given, we will endeavour to let you know in advance however this may not always be possible.
DAMAGES AND BREAKAGES:
Please take care with our properties. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause on the site. Please report any damages as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may send you an invoice for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant. We reserve the right to charge a refundable damage deposit for group bookings.
The person booking, where they are booking on behalf of other people, is responsible for disseminating the appropriate information to those persons that we send them. For example, these Terms and Conditions, directions, and to ensure all members of the party are fully aware of the nature of the campsite, the facilities, the service we offer and any appropriate clothing and footwear they will require.
We reserve the right to refuse any booking to any persons at our discretion. In this event all booking fees will be refunded in full and the contract discharged.
When you book your stay with us you agree to abide by our terms & conditions and our campsite code and should you not do so after we have asked you to, we reserve the right to request you to leave immediately. If this should happen there will be no refund of your stay.
These terms & conditions, our prices and our campsite code are subject to change or alteration as we deem necessary and we reserve the right to change them at any time without prior notice.